Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchJR View Post
I had the exact opposite reaction driving a basic 330i rental for a long road trip. Sure my 540i is quieter on the highway and the massaging Napa leather seats are in a different league, but around town the 3-series reminded me of why I first started driving BMWs. It is just so much more fun to dart through in traffic or toss around on twisty roads. I guess after having such a luxurious car with all of its ridiculous features, I feel like I checked that wish off my list and want to go back to driving a car that brings me joy. This might also be the product of a midlife crisis or a COVID-19 recession era mindset that makes me question the value of certain luxuries.

What is annoying to me is that BMW (to be fair, like many car makers) doesn't let us choose (and pay for) better features in a 3 series like Nappa upholstery.
The seats in the G20 are like park benches. Seriously, the MINi Clubman S has superior seats.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0