View Single Post
      10-16-2014, 07:12 AM   #50
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms21 View Post
I have gone through so many damn cars in the past five years that I wanted to try. Its actually embarrassing. My '06 CaymanS was the best handling car I have ever been in...just a bit underpowered for what I wanted. The new CaymanS is simply brilliant as far as I am concerned (for a fun, non daily driver) and one my wife wants me to seriously consider when the time comes for me to get back into a sports car. The C6 Vettes were a lot of fun but really lacked on the interior...especially coming from a Euro car background. The C7 has addressed this a ton. I still love the exterior looks of the widebody C6's though.

The S5 is a great daily driver GT type car. Nice around town power/tq. Fantastic interior appointments and layout. Love Audi's MMI system. Much better/intuitive than BMW's Idrive plus I hate the Ipad'ish Nav that looks to be just stuck on the new BMW M3/4. I was about to do the APR tune/pulley swap which adds nearly 100 whp to the car but then decided on the career change and elected to put the car up for sale. The S5 is not a car that I would have as a fun/weekend type of car. I said this about my former M3's as well. They are fantastic performance oriented daily driver GT cars.
thanks for the insights, the replacement for the CS will be a weekend/fun car, but it is also my only car so it is also used for some practical stuff like grocery getting.

sounds like you would have the C7 over the S5 in such a scenario, which is the way I am leaning.
Appreciate 0