View Single Post
      12-04-2006, 06:23 PM   #1
JZ150
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92

Another Texas XEDE review

I joked with the other two that installed the XEDE Sunday that I wasn't going to post anything because I didn't want to get hammered like the first guy did with questions but it looks like you guys took it easy on William so here is my impression.

I have not dyno tuned a car before so I took advantage because I thought it would be a pretty cool experience. I was right because it was a pretty cool experience. If you have a chance to get in on one of Shiv's dyno days to install the Xede I would highly recommend it. Shiv is will take the time to answer any and all of your questions. Great experience and worth the drive.

As for the dyno info I will wait on Shiv to post the results but I gained about 50whp and 80lbft both great gains. Matt had the biggest gain so I will be curious what his impressions are. The 335i is already a great car IMO and the XEDE raises the performance level significantly. I read an article one time that described a car being tested as "pulls from a stop to redline like beer being served at a keg party- nonstop"- I always wondered if I would ever describe a car as feeling that way and now I can. The XEDE pulls so much torque out of an already great powertrain that I can honestly say that it pours on the torque like beer flowing at a keg party- non stop. The car has a totally different feel as the motor twists the torque through the drivetrain. When ISAMBE wrote his review of his XEDE I thought it was funny that he wanted to point out 6th gear. I was thinking who cares about 6th gear!!! I owe ISAMBE an apology because now I know what you were talking about. Freekin 6th gear!!! Through the first 5 are a blast. DTC in the off mode (off off) pay attention taking off and shifting into second. Launching now requires that you squeeze into the throttle. I think I scared Shiv a bit when we took a test drive because what I knew about my car prior to the XEDE was "full throttle ahead" but with the XEDE from a stop it's now "squeeze throttle to the edge". For the record Shiv only had to tell me to "watch it" twice in our test drive because the rear started to step out. Once in first (the first time I was in first) and once in second (the first time I was in second). Pretty cool feeling. I know that any of you that get the XEDE will be thrilled with it. If you are happy with the way your car performs today then dont buy the XEDE but if you are like me and want more a great thing then place your order now. I can't put into words the way the torque gain feels any better that what I said above- It just keeps pouring it on.

Some of the questions that I think some might have- We all did 93 octane tunes. Installation is pretty easy. Dyno tune is not necessary but pretty cool to experience. Shiv is a great guy. It was cold as crap in San Antonio that day. Mine is a 6spd.

I gotta go for now because I want to take my beer keg for a ride.

Last edited by JZ150; 12-04-2006 at 08:17 PM..
Appreciate 0