View Single Post
      01-21-2021, 11:32 AM   #1
luv2cruise
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 (ordering)

2021 G30 - Run Flat / Space Saver Spare Urgent Questions

Hi,

First time poster on these boards - but from what I've been reading so far they are very helpful.

I am in the process of placing an order in the US for a '21 G30 540i X Drive. I'm new to Run Flat Tires and have read many reviews on them and heard all the pros and cons. Let me get to the point of my questions.

1 - It seems that trunk floor is raised to accommodate the space saver spare - which will impact how flat the floor is and the rear folding seats are down. I'm concerned about how much trunk space I will lose. Can someone that has it show me a picture of how that looks - showing the rear seats folded down?

2 - Is it true that this cartridge unit raised floor can easily be removed? I would consider removing it except for when traveling on a long trip.

3 - If we are on a long trip and were to have an issue with the RFT tire and we drove to a shop but they couldn't get replacement RFT for a few days, would we be able to put on a Non RFT to replace the tire and how long could we leave that on? What is impact of driving with 3 RFT and 1 Non RFT?

I appreciate your feedback on this topic so I can have peace of mind with my ordering decision.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0