View Single Post
      05-27-2018, 06:16 AM   #3
MN
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 540i XDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejo View Post
1. The OEM splitter has holes that mount to the corner bits. If you do not have the crners, you will see the holes. You can get a CF replica splitter on Aliexpress with no holes that is made to be fitted without the corner. I had one before (sold it now) and it looked good. I only sold it because I wanted the full OEM look with the corners in the end.
2. No, it fits std exhausts - see my pics below
3. Yeah, the CF one is no bigger than the OEM one. Its just CF. I ended up buying a larger CF one from Aliexpress
4. Agree, but on a black car you could get away with not having them. It would look good, but you have to ask if its worth the cost when they will be harder to see on black car.
5. I consider it all for show. I'm no aero expert and would never notice any difference in aero.
6. I found a dealer on eBay (Marshall BMW) who did some great prices on everything except the OEM CF rear diffuser which I got from a seller in Czech Republic for £636. I got the full front, sides, side decals and rear bumper trim (the black bit that the CF diffuser fits onto) for £1650.
7. I have 15mm spacers on the back but haven't lowered. If you have variable dampers, your car sits about 10mm higher than mine as I'm on M Sport fixed suspension.

Here's some pics of my car:

I'm in Sutton Coldfield so can't be too far from you - if you want to meet up and see anything in person let me know.
Many thanks for the above. I’m in Bham so yes not far from you. As you say, because I’m sitting 10mm higher already lowering the car may need to be considered. No doubt will make it more nimble around corners (like my previous 3 series).

Surprised about the aerodynamics part. I would have expected a bit more downforce at least for that money

Plan for me is to hold out for a while, if I need more power go for the MPPSK and then consider the full MP kit OR just lower the car and space out the wheels (if I want more handling over looks)
Appreciate 0