View Single Post
      07-01-2019, 11:19 AM   #45
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Remembering ROS stuffing HAM in turn 1 at Austria....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I agree with most of this with the exception that VER took the racing line. VER took an alternative line, missed the apex by half a car width and steered into LEC. One need only watch the preceding lap to see what line VER should have taken. His goal was to stop LEC from coming back with the superior acceleration of the Ferrari as he did on the previous lap.

I really believe that the decision was incorrect and sets a bad precedent. I remember very well when drivers were injured and killed from wheel-to-wheel contact in F1 and other open wheel series. If people want to see a bunch of body rubbing while racing there is NASCAR and other tin-top racing around the globe. F1 and the rest of the open wheel feeder series' are not the place for this.

Great comment and I always appreciate your input!

Cheers-mk
Remember this? ROS drove literally straight into the corner and forced HAM to take evasive action to prevent a shunt-ending debacle...this was a clear example and egregious error on ROS's part.

VER did not enter the right hand turn at the normal point (more left) and entered the turn (more right or closer to the apex)....this is a VERY tight radius right hand turn....VER could not take the normal line into the turn because LEC was there, so it forced VER to be squeezed lower into the turn's apex, thus causing VER to have to "square-off" the turn a bit....food for thought.