View Single Post
      07-03-2019, 12:55 PM   #61
OG Shark
Rep
Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I remember it well. Not the same. Compare the lap the incident happened to the lap before. The cars were positioned similarly at on both laps under braking and VER did not lock up. It was a decision to place the car there and deny racing room along with the bump of the Ferrari on exit.

Again, I watched this type of racing in the 90's and early 2000's. I'm not a fan.

Cheers-mk
Found it interesting that the Harry Potter looking dude that runs Ferrari agreed it was a good move in the post race interview. His argument is that under present rules Verstappen caused a collision and forced leclerc off track - and then also agreed that the rules need to be changed.

I do not agree that Verstappen caused a collision - I would argue that leclerc caused it. With the present rules the drivers know that there is a good chance of getting a penalty if someone touches them when attempting to pass. It was Verstappen's corner and he closed the door on leclerc. Leclerc didn't have anything to lose staying in the corner because of the run off and the chance that a touch & penalty might save him. If there was a wall there he sure as heck would have conceded the corner.
Appreciate 0