Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry989 View Post
It's the view I see outside my office window (although I did take this photo from the upper floor or our parking garage)! For this one, I used my 90mm macro, 15-stop ND filter, f/16 for a 4 min exposure time.

Now that you have had the A7R III for awhile, how do you like it as a wildlife camera? In the next couple of weeks, I want to pick up either the new A7 III or the A7R III. Since I take mostly macro, wildlife and landscape photos, I think the image quality and the cropping ability of the A7R III outweighs the better AF coverage and frame rate of the A7 III?
I see that you enjoy a challenge. I'd just shoot the clouds out my window and be done; OTOH, you go 15-stops, f/16 and 5-minutes.

I've got both the a9 and the a7RIII. Going between them, I don't miss the added AF coverage of the a9, so I don't thing that's a strong reason to go for the a7III. The dynamic range and resolution of the a7RIII make it my go-to body. Only for fast birds-in-flight do I really feel the need to go with the a9. 10-fps really does the trick for most shooting, but there are occasionally times where only 20-fps will do.