Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cna90 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23109VC View Post
I pulled this pic of an M550 facebook group. I believe this rear diffuser is an OEM part from BMW. I have seen a ton of the cheaper EBay setups or M5 looking rear diffusers, but this one looks very simple and subtle. I believe it is around $350 online.

Any of you have it? I believe it comes in matte black only. I was thinking it might look good color matched to the color of our cars or perhaps wrapped in carbon? I have the OEM small carbon trunk spoiler. I"m looking for something to dress up my rear diffuser area without going overkill. I want something simple and subtle. This one looks clean and it retains the OEM fitment of the rear bumper.

Not sure how it would look on a med blue car like mine with the gray lower bumper piece. This guy appears to have made his rear bumper insert glossy black and the small diffuser piece flows nicely. Looking to see pics of this setup on other colors. Thanks.
I'm guessing you have pre LCI right? Sorry I can't seem to find your car on the app.

This I believe is the M performance PDU rear diffuser piece. You will need a different rear bumper piece than you already have (although they look the same) + MP rear diffuser to work. Rear bumper piece comes in gloss black I believe and diffuser is primed for you to paint ( here are the part numbers: diffuser 51192412406 and rear bumper piece 51192412409; this is needed for the MP CF rear diffuser too)

As an option you can also get the LCI rear bumper part that looks very much like this in the exact same colour as the one you already have on your car (grey). Here is the part number: 51128098701
This will be much cheaper with OEM fitment. Although the bumper itself on LCI is different but the rear bumpers fit the exact same.
You might have to get two new rear reflectors though. Not sure if the LCI reflectors are different.

Here is the pic of m550i LCI rear bumper/diffuser from a post for reference:
https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...8;d=1599769924
Yes, I have a pre LCI 2018.

You mean the rear insert part on the LCI cars fits on the pre-LCI cars? That might be a way to go. Stock OEM looking but with a better look. I like how the newer LCI rear has the slightly more aggressive look iwth subtle fins. I'll have to see what the cost is of the LCI piece.

I also thought of adding something in CF to match my small CF rear lip spoiler…but a lot of the CF pieces stick out a lot more than stock and I think would not look right on my otherwise stock car.

I also considered the M5 style diffuser and painting the larger portion med blue to match my car and leaving the center part black or CF. BUT, the exhaust cut outs on the M5 rear bumper are meant for the quad tips on an M5 and may not line up right with my stock exhaust. I'm not changing my exhaust and I want my rear bumper to have OEM fitment with my exhaust.

Thanks for the info. I did not know the LCI M550 rear diffuser section would fit on my car.
Appreciate 0