08-15-2009, 12:02 PM   #106
Borsig
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: '09 335i ///M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGP View Post
Everyone needs to really look at the S4 in a unbiased fashion. I have gone from an E36 M3 to a A6 2.7t to an B6 S4 and now in a 335i. I loved all of the cars when I was leasing them. BMW AND Audi make some very nice machines. Is one superior or better than the other? Perhaps. And that is based on what you are really looking for in a car AND on personal preferences. Is the 3 series styling 'better' than the B8 S4/S5? Maybe? Are Audi's interiors nicer? Perhaps. Does the 3 series make Car & Drivers top 10 list every year. YES. Would anyone who owns a 3 series be VERY unhappy driving a COMPARABLE Audi or visa versa ? IMHO, not many. Is the stock performance of both the 335i and B8 S4 VERY CLOSE, YES. Do both models have the potential to significantly upgrade the their performance with just an ECU mod. YES. Are they competitively priced? YES . IMHO, the real differences comes down to 2 things. Do you really like one better than the other. Which individual dealer will give you a better price. Do you want to buy or lease. If you are buying you can get competitive rates on both cars. If you are leasing. The Audi rates have been very high for quite some time. My lease is up in 8+ months. I would prefer the S4 PREDOMINANTLY, because I prefer not to lease the same car consecutively and the 335i with a M sport pack is just not really that much different than what I currently am driving . While the S4 is completely different. That being said. I will be completely happy with either one. In fact I think it is highly unlikely that I will get the S4 due to BMW's attractive lease rates. I just don't think you can lose with either.
+1 I just took delivery and I like my 335.. Audis lease rates suck, BMW's dont.

In 3 years the game may change yet again. But at this time Id still be going with the 335 due to lease rates.
Appreciate 0