01-25-2014, 03:02 PM   #45
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
It used to be that one would brag about how many Cylinders one has.. with more being better.. but now.. less is more. perhaps the owner of the new 5er will be the envy of all there, as he has the lowest Cylinder Index.. ?

So are you saying people can't brag about fuel economy? or... apparently.. fiscal responsibility... or that being green isn't " cool" ? or " fun"?

I guess it's time to go back to high school... because that's when things were " fun".
There's nothing wrong with good fuel economy, but a company that bills itself as the ultimate driving machine with sport inspired cars needs to have priorities. I'm sure they're offering these engines to meet regulatory guidelines to some degree. And it's technically interesting to see more power being made from smaller engines, but they're losing a lot of what makes the engine attractive to drivers. I don't like feeling a rough idle vibrating through my steering wheel or an engine that makes a tin-like "roar" when I stomp the gas. My wife's Q5 has Audi's T2.0 4 cylinder. It makes plenty of power, but there's no mistaking the lack of refinement in the delivery when you press the gas.

No thanks - I'll stick to 6 or 8 cylinders, or maybe a buttery all electric if I need to go green. But no high revving output leaf blowers for me!
Appreciate 0