View Single Post
      03-08-2020, 06:47 PM   #36
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Well, it seems BMW decided to take things a step further, as my current conclusion is that the inner tail lights on my car do not have the LED diodes in the rear fog light spots.

I conducted some testing today in which I decided to swap the wire I added to slot #5 with the Black/Yellow wire in slot #4, which is the Daytime Running Light signal wire for the inner left tail light. Sure enough, with the rear fog wire in the DRL slot, the DRL for the inner left tail light was off while the rest were on, but it came on when I pressed the rear fog button. That confirmed that the wire for the Rear Fog Button was in fact sending a signal. Therefore, if the LED's for the rear fogs were present, having the DRL wire in the Rear Fog Light slot should have made them come on with the rest of the tail lights. However, this was not the case, as nothing illuminated in the rear fog light section of the left inner light. I did my best to peer inside the housing and from what I can see, it looks like there aren't any LED diodes on the slots.

If there are any pre-2020 US owners, or even perhaps a non-US owner who could be so kind as to take a picture of the visible part of the rear fog light circuit area on their cars so I can visually compare before I just go purchase some euro tail lights, it would be greatly appreciated! I will try to get a picture of what mine look like uploaded tomorrow morning.

UPDATE: Confirmed that my 2020 530e tail lights do not have the LED diodes for the rear fog lights. I have attached 2 pictures, one from an eBay listing for 2017/2018 G30 US tail lights, and one of mine. You can see how the diodes are visible in the older tail light, but on mine, you can see the solder pads for the diodes, but none are present.
Attached Images

Last edited by roxxor; 03-09-2020 at 04:13 PM..
Appreciate 0