12-01-2021, 10:56 AM   #4
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
Thanks, I wonder if they grandfathered the warranty for their piggybacks previously sold, but I can ask them that directly.
From the other section just so its here as well.

X is essentially a rebrand/relaunch. The raw chips used in the V2 were on their way to being discontinued before the pandemic and that was only hastened during it so we were going to have to source a new chip in it anyway. At the same time the old DINANTRONICS with the NASA harnesses really needed to be switched out given the costs involved and the aging product line (those old harnesses cost more then a full DPT X kit). So we decided to just do a full replacement of the inline tuner line entirely and the DPT X was born.

The X is best thought of as the next generation of the DPT Elite V2. The X just has bluetooth control whereas V2 did not and doesn't carry the factory matching warranty. Going forward that factory matching warranty is reserved for the Dinan+ flashes on the engine tuning front.

Power wise V2 and X in the case of the M550i are basically the same -- V2 had max gains of 45 WHP / 55 TRQ whereas X is 40 WHP / 52 TRQ.

Factory matching warranty on previously sold V2's is still intact. Just piggybacks going forward will not have a the factory matching warranty option is all.
Appreciate 1
430Scud253.00