12-01-2021, 12:39 PM   #6
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
Perfect, thanks for weighing in. Looks like I could have saved $1,500, but I will rationalize that as the warranty.

I am sure you guys thought about this a lot internally, but one of the main reasons I chose Dinan was for the warranty. So now this new X without a warranty is competing against BM3, JB, etc. with nothing to distinguish itself by. Just feedback. If Dinan didn't offer the warranty on the V.2, I am not sure I would have gone with it or I would have definitely considered the competition. What's your competitive advantage? The Dinan name?
Just like you wouldnt have considered V2 if it didnt have warranty there is the other side of the coin that didnt consider V2 because of the increased price due to that same warranty. With a couple years of market research with the SPORT tuner as a comparable as well as warranty/non-warranty flashes under our belt on other platforms we can confidently say the latter is a much larger market. Thats not to say the warranty folks are not important and would be ignored -- just served in a different way going forward (flashes) that is more traditional in nature to legacy Dinan with more direct control with troubleshooting should something arise.

Ultimately the Dinan engine tuning line is going to be VERY diverse in options. With each option having its own direct competitors and touching pretty much all permutations of style of tune (piggyback/flash) and coverage (factory matching warranty/limited warranty). When all is said and done we should have an option for everyone no matter what your preference is.

Ultimately may be a few more variants in the mix but the below is a sampling of currently available tuning lines from Dinan that should propogate to all ~2015+ platforms eventually given enough time.

Dinan+ - Flash tune with facory matching warranty
Stage 1 (and beyond where applicable) - Flash Tune. Limited warranty.
Dinanflash Handheld - DIY Flash tuning w/ handheld programmer. Limited product warranty.
SPORT (where applicable) - Basic boost controller. Limited product warranty.
X - In-Line/piggyback tuner. Limited product warranty.
Appreciate 0