Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupFl View Post
Greetings all. I am in serious contention (serious serious) - 335 sedan.

posted on a few other forums - done a little lurking.

What are your expereinces (loaded no doubt, filled with love ), but I'd love to hear nonetheless!

My A4 was chipped at 2k miles - like the performance aspect. car is heavy, but it's been great. 2002, sport package, 120 k miles onner. I'm an avid sport bike rider, so have a trailer hitch on the car to trailer bike up to twisty roads in Ozarks (4 hours away)....light weight kendon trailer - folds in garage.

Like to have a similar set-up possibly -

anything you'd do differently now in the 335 in retrospect?

kind of looking at something along these lines perhaps

Space Gray Metallic$550
Chestnut Brown Dakota Leather$1,450
Dark Burl Walnut wood trim$0
Sport Package

online- it's drewl factor 10 for me - beautiful!

My car is a tank & it's been fun. have enjoyed the quattro in rain & snow - blast to drive - how does 335 compare?

really look forward to hearing your thoughts....

Salud
Well, you have the most important option ZSP selected. Are you thinking MT or slushbox? If you get a manual, M-tech or similar shift knob is in order.

Correct me if I'm wrong; but I can't imagine Texas gets much snow. Obviously AWD will perform better then RWD in the snow (if tires are the same), but with a good set of winter tires, I can't imagine RWD being a necessity.
And by going with RWD you save weight; so you increase the fuel efficiency along with the fun factor
I imagine you'll be very happy with the way the 3er drives - that's the strong point of BMW afterall. I can't speak for the 335 engine; but I put 60k miles on my E90 330i in 2 years and that thing was rock solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guarnibl View Post
Just curious -- why not go with the M3 now that you can find ones to lease for less than the 335 because of the ridiculous deals.

The 335 is a great car -- it's as you can imagine, a piece of crap in the snow -- just like my M is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipped B6 View Post
A e9x M3?
Yes. Because it has a higher residual - and because of the plummeting economy, M cars can be picked up for a relative steal; especially if you were to lease.