pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
If memory serves me, the wife asked you to lose a few stone no? Maybe a little weight loss thrown into the mix of giving her some time off might help?

I've been told to lose a few pounds, if I could lose a full stone that would get me trimmed up good I think. Problem is, I really truly hate working out. Really hate it. But if I put my mind to it, I can do it, I just need to be convinced it is important to me.
I hate working out too. I was a gym rat in high school, and I've lifted all the barbells and dumbbells I'm ever going to lift. I have to have something fun to do. Or a chore that needs doing. Or a project I've been wanting to start. Find something that's fun or needs doing.

One of the reasons I own my cabin is that there's a fair bit of wooded land and some shoreline there, and I can't stand for things to be messy so I always have work to do. I don't keep every square inch looking like a golf course, but I like it clean at least adjacent to the parts I/we spend time in. Last Saturday I tied a plastic toboggan up to my fatbike and loaded it up with a chainsaw, a gas can, a maul, and a couple of wedges. Pedalled out into the woods to a spot where there was a tree that was dead and leaning against another. Felled it and bucked it, and piled the brush up and called it a day. Got up Sunday and pulled all the chunks back to the splitting shed, one toboggan load at a time - about 2 cords total, so it took me most of the day. This weekend I'll split it all. Silly? Yup. But very rewarding and great all-body exercise. And I didn't have to mingle with a bunch of hairy sweaty douche-nozzles at some poser emporium.
MKSixer34190.50
Dang3r12515.00