07-21-2018, 01:30 PM   #76
Mcarini
Registered
Rep
Drives: 520

Head unit issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricksy View Post
I got in the car this morning on my way to work and main screen kept dying and rebooting about 9 times in total but all worked when rebooting, I thought I will stop get out and lock car leave it a couple of minutes and the try again, when I did nothing would connect, no radio, sat nat. Connected drive, phone not connect, no apply playband speech button on steering wheel not working, rang dealer and they said seen it before either update system or needs new head unit ££££££, glad it is still under warranty, I will let you know how I get on booked in next Wednesday.
I get this too. Started about four weeks ago. Been to the BMW dealer four times... latest is another reinstall of the cid/head software. They ‘think’ it is caused by real time traffic updates when they download to the car sim? I have no idea what this means but BMW told me to turn off rtti updates!? Also when it shuts down the indicator noise turns from the crisp tick took noise to sounding as though a really bad rasping noise? No idea if it’s connected but for a 12 month old car to have the same problem for 4 weeks and to be told the fix is to turn off rtti is really grating, even worse than the indicator noise.
Appreciate 0