View Single Post
      09-27-2019, 07:07 AM   #6
HULIO2671
Rep
Drives: 2017 G30 520DMsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Should the files even be in a folder on your USB?

Without knowing the exact steps you took from download to upload...its all a mystery to us. We don't know if you have an FSC code, or if you even powered the car (you didn't mention either). Take the time to give a step by step of the process you did...that's the only way (without throwing question after question at you) as to where you may need to make a correction.

There are also videos all over YouTube on how the steps you need to take once you've downloaded the files to your computer...to formatting the USB drive, to copying the files to the USB drive.

Help us help you better...the more details you give, the closer you'll probably be to having your new maps.

Here's an example of how to upload maps to a USB drive...then upload the maps to your BMW:

Hi Qsilver,
Sorry for lack of detail, steps I took are as follows,
Logged into connected drive on laptop,
Went to map update,
Downloaded the files,
Had formatted blank 64gb usb in fat32 format,
Transferred all files to usb (approx 32gb),
Ejected usb and put usb into both USB ports in car and tried both in the engine on and engine off mode.
I am on a paid map update service until nov 2020 and the was a file on the usb called fsc code.

Have looked at the video you kindly exhibited however I noticed this was for an f10 whereas my car is a g30. (The process may be the same).

If you have any advice I would be grateful.

Martin.
Appreciate 0