View Single Post
      10-25-2016, 11:27 AM   #19
M40CCA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xdrive LCI msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335d JTD View Post
I've been following the progress of the new 5 series very closely as a replacement for my F31 335d. Given that my ultimate model (an AWD M5 Touring) will not exist and the M5 development cars show the option of a deployable towbar (I still want the ability to be able to tow my Caterham to trackdays), I've concluded the following:

1: M5 - But only if AWD and Towbar option are available the UK.
..If not..
2: M550d xDrive Touring (since M550i isn't coming to the UK).

I've just spec'd up a 540i Xdrive M Sport for the fun of it and it's come to £75k! (50k + 25k of options) - That's going to make a M550d xDrive with the same spec somewhere around £90-95k. (65/70k at a guess + 25k of options), so interesting to see what the new M5's base spec and price will be.

I really wish BMW would offer separate higher spec versions of the existing M Sport and M Perf model lines, call them M Sport/M Perf "Pro" or "Premium" or whatever, that included all of the main option packages. That way, the increased base price of the car should give it's future residual value a better chance. As it stands there is going to have to be some serious discounting/offers to offset the residual value loss of these options - which only exacerbates the downward vicious circle of BMW residual values.

Just my thoughts.
I was really fancying a m550d for my 335d if I don't end up getting a m3
But 95k!!! Is a bit extreme