View Single Post
      01-02-2019, 06:53 PM   #2
drjolokia
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach550 View Post
It seems like ever since I unplugged the system to install a rear diffuser I have lost the kick function. I ensured that everything is plugged in correctly but I still can't get the kick to work. Are there issues with unplugging certain items while the car is unlocked? Physically there isn't much of a difference between where the system was in the OEM position and the new diffuser position. Also not sure if I should unplug the batteries for a couple minutes to clear out whatever bugs are lingering, this cars electronics make me worry about unplugging the battery.
I've done a lot of research on this. I've talked with a BMW service Foreman and no one can seem to tell me why but installing a rear diffuser disables the kick trunk function.

This is true for the bmw m Performance diffuser and other 3rd party diffusers.

All I can find out is that it happens but not why it how to prevent it from happening.

That's why I decided to wrap the gray part of the rear bumper instead of installing a diffuser. It looks really good (not quite as good as a nice diffuser) and the kick trunk function works.
Appreciate 0