View Single Post
      07-12-2019, 08:25 AM   #1
blkeagle17
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Hey guys,
I recently ordered a CF rear diffuser for my 2018 530i with the M sport package. To get ready for the dyi install I decided to take apart the lower portion of the bumper where the CF diffuser will install. I was able to release the lower portion my removing screws and pulling on the tabs from behind bumper.

However, there are 3 tabs inside the bumper that seem to hold the portion that I am trying to release.

Now the problem is releasing the lower portion from the rest of the bumper. I don't want to force the tabs inside to hard in fear of breaking them but it seems there is no other way to release the lower portion of the bumper. The part the tabs inside the bumper connect to also house wiring that I assume is for the trunk kick mechanism that I've read which would be affected by the CF diffuser.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I could not find anything on YouTube that show the process or come across in the forum regarding the procedure to install the diffuser.

(Sorry for the pictures being out of order and not in between where I explained the situation as I was using the mobile app to write this up.)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0