Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjackson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjackson View Post
Get a wheel repair shop with good reviews to straighten it for you, it will ride like new except it won't be as durable on the spot(s) that are repaired so it will bend again if you hit a huge pothole on the same spot which is just really unlucky. It should only cost $100-150 compared to replacing the entire wheel.
Wheel refinishing is $100-150. Straightening, truly straightening, is more like half the cost of a new wheel.
I'm not sure what truly straightening is but my wheel was super bent from hitting three deep potholes lined up together. The lip was visibly bent and also inner barrel but I went to a shop to check if they can fix it. They checked and said they could straighten it. They called me to pick up on the same day and I've been using the wheel with no vibration at all for almost half a year now. That was my experience with my first bent rim and it did indeed cost $130 Canadian dollars
Did they refinish the visible face of the wheel where it was bent? Or only the inside lip was bent? Either way, you did good.
There was a visible burn mark on the outer lip's small bent part after they straightened it because they could only refinish the entire rim or no part at all. Luckily it's barely noticeable since the rim itself is dark grey. Hopefully the OP only bent an inner part of the rim!
OP has 20" presumably the 759i wheels. The lip is diamond cut and powder coat finish. Not an easy repair.