10-12-2019, 06:34 PM   #1334
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
If you look at how your upper pecs tie-in to the sternum, it gives you a good idea of how to isolate them. A cable movement that starts from the bottom and moves upward across your body takes advantage of the full range of motion for that muscle.

Kind of like palms forward near your waist, then "scooping" upwards like your tossing something over your head. Much more activation than something like an incline bench press.

That to me is the biggest secret of any muscle, finding its origin and attachment point......starting off with as much space between them as possible, and then shortening the distance while contracting the muscle!
yup! been doing this movement on the cable machine. it does seem like a scooping motion. I step forward a bit to keep tension on my chest and than scoop from my side and just about eye level at the top and I squeeze. after just doing one set you can totally feel your upper chest pumping
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00