View Single Post
      06-18-2021, 05:19 PM   #14
430Scud
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M550iX,430 Scud,E39 540Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDm550i View Post
I have a 2018 M550 that had similar lower active louvre issues. Took it in to the dealer and they said this is a known issue and the recommendation from BMW was to disable the louvre in the open position. The problem originally did trigger a CEL. Probably fine in Texas where I live but up north I would prefer them to go closed for engine warm up.
I would have demanded they fix it. BMW has extended the warranty on this to 15 years, 150,000 miles, so its a free fix until then. While leaving the shutters fixed in the open position may work, that is not how the car is supposed to operate. Some dealers may not wish to do warranty work simply because the reimbursements suck for them...

My car needed the upper servo motor that operates the shutters replaced a few months ago. I signed off the invoice for reimbursement and the bill was like $180...and the invoice claimed they had to remove the bumper cover, upper front engine covers and other stuff to get to it. The part was at least half of that, so they only got 1/2 labor reimbursement for the work.

Figure the lot guy has to move the car to service, then after service it is vacuumed and washed, then an invoice written and the lot guy returned the car out front. All for the $90 they collect in labor charge? They are losing money fixing these shutters unless then can get some add on work.
Appreciate 1