01-21-2024, 04:17 PM   #87
Norris83
CEO
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850I Gran Coupe Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by inlinesix85 View Post
Thinking about installing those Aliexpress LED covers in my 2019 G30.
Currently I have S676 Hi-fi audio system and original 11 color ambient lighting.

Principal motivation is not to increase power and sound quality, rather to upgrade interior with some LED lighting -I simply like how they look.

It seems that those are able to mach ambient lighting color well.

Can someone who instaled them help me:

1. Original ambient lighting gradually powers up and fades when being powered on or shut off. Can those covers also power gradually or are just simple on/off for them)?
2. Brightness intensity - can they match change in original ambient lighting brightness (i.e. if i tone down car ambient lighting would they also tone down automatically, or have just single brightness setting) ?
3. When the car shuts off - do they shut off immediately or they remain on for some time?

I want them to work propely (so that the mod doesn't look cheap / improvised) but I'm fully aware that I cannot expect miracles on a budget. Please help me to decide
They matched the oem lights as far as brightness and color. The oem B&W system just stays white color. These lights match the ambient lighting. The speakers that came were better quality sounding than the HK system. I’m sure they don’t come anywhere near the quality of the original B&W system.
2018 M550I Xdrive Alpine White on Cognac Leather, Premium Enhanced Package, Drivers Assitance Plus, Remote Parking/display key, massage seats, 21 wheels style 629 Black Chrome. M performance brakes in blue, M performance carbon fibre diffuser, m performance side skirt extensions, m performance front lip. 45% tint, roof wrapped in gloss black.
Appreciate 1