View Single Post
      06-09-2020, 07:49 PM   #73
jimmmyzhou
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
FA codes are only relevant when VO Coding. The car doesn't generally use the FA other than when an i-step version is upgraded.At that point the upgrade process VO Codes each module based on your FA, build version, etc.

If you FDL code, then you can keep any code in your FA, it's pretty much irrelevant.

If you don't want to FDL code, or can't, then you can remove a code from your FA such as 8TR, or add a feature such as 5AR (traffic jam assistant) and VO Code the specific modules impacted by that code.

Benefits of VO Coding over FDL coding are: doesn't need a launcher, it can be done with just esys. Settings persist even when a dealer updates the i-step.

The obvious benefit of FDL coding is that you can code anything, whereas VO Coding only applies for specific features.
Thanks for sharing, now I have a better idea about them. BTW, I heard that dealer can get your FA from BMW online database based on your VIN, and generate corresponding FA, do the complete programming, then all the changes made on your car are gone. Is this true?
Appreciate 0