Drives: 2016 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cclcal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
Ok boys, I was pleasantly surprised. They float and spin as designed. All four are on my wheels and spin. Nothing tight about the fitment. They popped on as a normal center cap should.

Keeper for me. I can't imagine why the results are so random on the 668M's? My car was optioned with non run flat summer rubber. I can't imagine why that would matter but throwing it out there.

Purchased from Amazon, part number and pics above.
great!

looks like i will give it a shot and see what happens.
I have the 668 wheels w non run flats.
Did it work for you? I bought the carbon fiber painted ones from IND. it's just OEM floating center caps painted/overlayed or whatever but as mentioned above they don't float at all with my wheels.

However… two of them have fallen off now after 4-5 months+. So I'm down to two. I can't seem to find anyone that sells carbon fiber center caps (non floating). Anyone got a source? 😅
So I ended up purchasing the same set everyone else has bought…. they snap in the rear wheels and work just fine in one of my front wheels it spins but I can feel a slight amount of resistance and on my other front wheel they snap in and bind up and it locks in place there's too much pressure on the little clips.

Strange I do know this when I purchased my car as a certified preowned vehicle the initial inspection upon taking the car in showed that both front wheels were bent and they were replaced with new OEM 668M wheels… Unless the dealer bought knock off wheels and swap them out and tricked me I saw paperwork indicating they bought brand new wheels I wonder if there's something different about the Fronts versus the rears??

The rears Snappin and spin freely both of the fronts on mine don't work as well one of them won't spin at all
Attached Images

Appreciate 0