View Single Post
      05-04-2017, 03:12 PM   #5
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by morellomax View Post
I usually like Thomas's reviews, but I was disappointed by this. He doesn't really get to grips with the chassis and suspension differences between this and the lesser 5's and he's plain wrong about availability of rear wheel steering....
He does discuss the chassis and suspension - but I think his response was that suspension is equivalent with the other 5ers. It makes sense as the suspension is exactly the same. It is also possible they may not get the rear wheel steering on this particular model.

Personally, I have found the car corners extremely flat - the comfort seats don't keep you secure however - and there is some roll at more extreme cornering (thus his comment about weight being impossible to dismiss at a certain point).

Right at the end of the video he actually states something I agree with - how suitable are these cars for the track - even at the M5 level? I tracked my E63S once - and it was not a great experience as the weight of the car just made it a painful experience (feeling the car labour through each turn) - it could do it - but it was very hard on the car. The earlier, very light and much smaller gen 5er's some people had or remember are - in general - gone for all Manufacturers.

Last edited by vtknight; 05-04-2017 at 03:26 PM..
Appreciate 0