09-02-2017, 11:18 AM   #15
BarlasaM
Gravity Sucks.
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixlplague View Post
Part of my problem is right there: it doesn't show up in office! Would you have a good resource to recommend to code? I'm pretty computer and tech savvy, but have never done any coding on cars and what I've found is... subpar.

That's what has me worried right now: it asks for phone book, but not message access... It really seems the common thread is this Enhanced Bluetooth. This leads me to a question though: what exactly is Enhanced BT? I don't remember seeing that anywhere in options when I bought my car. Are we talking about the "Cell phone package" that includes CarPlay and wireless charging pad? Because I don't see any mention of the bluetooth being any different in my documentation.

I've read the package files for the US and it seems we got quite a bit less options in Canada, or at the very least they are not packaged the same. That option was the only one I didn't get (because they are running out of 2017 stock and can't order new ones anymore). Worst case I can always get the Bimmer-Tech option I suppose.
If you don't get the MAP(Message Access) request on the phone, trying going to the bluetooth settings on your phone, and make sure that the Message Access option is turned on.

In the US the G30 comes standard with 6NS the Enhanced USB & BT option.

This option was introduced for MY14 cars:
This option (6NS) includes Bluetooth Audio Streaming (now standard), Enhanced USB and Smartphone Integration for use of a snap-in adapter(discontinued for MY17 +). If the vehicle is equipped with option 609 (Navigation), 6NS also includes a secondary microphone for enhance hands-free communication, Mobile Office, and the ability to pair a second phone via Bluetooth. Additionally, when added to vehicles with iDrive 4.2, Message Dictation is included. (iDrive 5.0 + support Naturally Speaking as Standard now so this option is now part of it as default)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0