View Single Post
      06-27-2019, 06:50 AM   #30
mindspin311
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax240 View Post
Spoken like someone who doesn't like LH. LH wins because he's plainly faster than every other driver on the grid.

I read somewhere else that they should have a race with all the drivers in a Merc.
Doesn't have to be a Merc. I'm sure Williams would take the money to build 20 cars to have all the drivers in equal machinery.

once WDC and WCC are decided, everyone drives a Williams. Williams gets money, other teams can start work on next years car.

If you ask me, there are 2 fundamental things wrong with F1 right now.
1) aero - can't follow close enough. I'm no aero guy but at the speeds F1 reaches, aero is important to not crash, so smaller cars, because they punch a smaller hole in the air.

2) tracks. Paul Ricard is a test track not a race track. they should race at tracks more like Spa. I also like the A1 ring (but too short), Nordschleife (too bumpy for f1), Laguna Seca. organic tracks have a flow that drivers can drive by feel.

and refuelling is not the answer.
There should have been no penalty. I'm a fan of neither.

Track's aren't the problem.

No one will know if X guy is faster than Hamilton or Bottas because their car (Renault, Williams, etc.) are all trash compared to the MB.

Total downforce needs to be dropped by 50%. FIA needs to get a target number and tell the team they can't exceed it. Reduce aero grip will force a rise in mechanical grip, racing will return.

DRS is farce and a band aide for a problem they don't want to admit they have.