View Single Post
      07-09-2019, 03:36 AM   #47
beanbaguk
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 520d M-Sport

Some big UI changes made to improve the overall experience:
  • Now Playing function now works. (Huge annoyance before)
  • Button UI has been improved across the board. On a touch screen you no longer have to pull over to tap the microscopic button.
  • Split screen view layout has been improved. (Mainly button UI)
  • Responsiveness is now far better.

There are still a lot of issues:
  • WhatsApp call integration is still not working correctly. Presumably a WhatsApp update.
  • Apple Maps crashes often. I don't ever use it normally but I do like the ETA feature. If they ever improved it and added POI's for where I live in the South of Spain, it might actually be useful. However, I prefer to use Waze in the background and use my built-in navigation as that provides me with HUD directions.
  • There is no integration with other map programs in split screen. I'm hoping this will be an option eventually and just require app updates.
  • Apple mentioned deep integration into secondary displays like HUD's. I doubt I'll get it with my BMW ID6, but I'm guessing ID7 users may benefit from this.

In short wireless CarPlay on my BMW looks amazing. Even more so with the split screen software hack, available for ID6 users. (If you want to know more about this, please PM me. I don't sell this and don't claim any commissions, but knowing it's hard to find a reliable coder, I know who to contact).

(Screenshot with The Smiths is the old UI layout for comparison against the new; Deadmau5)
Attached Images

clee1982797.50