02-05-2009, 11:23 AM   #47
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Audi S-line Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
"Gone" is a relative term in this statement. The two sites had pretty different moderating styles. So, for you to think we were "pricks", the 1addicts saw posts that would garner an infraction.

For me, it was told that the site would remain in tact, and we should uphold our standard method of moderating (which we did). With the meld of the two sites, it didn't seem possible to keep the same "feel" of the old 1addicts alive, as there are very different moderating styles between the two sites, which caused infractions where e90post members are not used to seeing them, and very "non-1addicts-like" posts in 1addicts forums. Post whoring was really cracked down on at 1addicts too, but not really cared about in bimmerpost forums.

Still, we were told to continued to run it as the old 1addicts. It became apparent to me that it just was not possible, and the sites (for better of worse) have a very different feel, and with merged areas and splash-over posts, it was impossible to moderate 1addicts in any manner close to what we were used to, without causing problems. I saw things change rapidly and just did not want to be part of getting told to do things one way, when it's not what the bimmerpost people are used to seeing. If we "let up" and be less intrusive, it caused problematic "splash-over" posts that 1addicts would never have normally seen. Lose-lose situation. Nobody came out and said this, but it came down to: either we let 1addicts change to turn into a bimmerpost-like "feel", or cause a major rift with our carried-over moderating norm.

So, to be able to continue moderating, I came to the conclusion that I would have to greatly change how I viewed the postings, and I told the Admins that I dont know that I can learn to do that, and respectfully asked to have my additional access stripped.

As far as the "gone" goes, I've posted here since I returned to being a regular contributor...

Peace.

youve deleted several of my posts over at 1addicts, but usually what i had to say was abbrassive. ive found that over here you can say what ever the f*ck you want (see).
i liked it better the other way.
we're gonna miss you guys, thanks for everything larryn!

i agree that it doesnt feel like the same 1addicts anymore though, and its feeling more and more like e90post every day. . damn

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**

Last edited by guardianangel3290; 02-05-2009 at 01:50 PM..
Appreciate 0