ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
Keep pushing, you have all the right information and its just a matter of being persistent. There is also something called the appraisal clause that you can invoke. It will tie the claim up for a while but you'll no doubt come out better.

The appraisal clause can be utilized when there is a dispute over the cost to repair your vehicle, the value of your vehicle in a total loss claim or the diminished value of your vehicle if you reside in a state where you can make a 1st party claim for diminished value.

https://www.collisionclaims.com/info...nished%20value.
Appreciate this - I'm digging into this now this now. Insurance just called me a few minutes after I hit the enter button (who knows, maybe they're reading this thread).

They said that their adjusters call two dealerships in my area (neither of which have the replacement for the car damaged) - and both stated that they would sell the car for less that what Progressive originally offered...at some value of $16,500. I thought for sure they would call one of the places that actually had a comparable car???

They said their offer stands, $18,172 for the vehicle (This includes the $250 extra for the new Michelin Pilot AS4 tires) - so with tax, they are offering $19,444.06, but then take out my $500 deductible - writing the check for $18,944.06. I dropped some F-bombs (which typically I do not do) and requested his supervisor (awesome...now I'm the F-ing Karen).

Why they would not call the dealer in the area that has the car is beyond me. Unless they did - not liking the results. Calling factiously to dealers on 'what if you had this car in your lot' does absolutely nothing for me.

If I accept their offer, I'm out $3700. While this will not break my bank...if my daughter was going at this on her own, there would be nothing she could do to recover.
Tommy-G4500.50