01-04-2017, 09:35 AM   #22
Jacblack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 COMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
We just picked up a leftover '16 Limited. I was hoping to wait for a '17 SE but we were running out of time and got a deal on the '16 that was too good to pass up. It's a very easy car to drive but it definitely lacks some features that should be standard - and at the very least, available - on a $45k car (xenon headlamps, heated wheel, remote start, rain sensing wipers, auto high/low beams, etc). The non-premium nature of the car is really felt when you close the doors as they just sound hollow and cheap.

The '17s added a few hp but now have an 8-spd trans and auto start/stop. The car doesn't have a enough low-end oomf to benefit from an 8-spd and auto start/stop is a very annoying feature (to me).

It's definitely reliable, but it's not much fun and lacks some value on features.
You must have a Limited without tech package. That would have given you safety sense which is now standard on the 17s. The new 3.5 (well not new completely it's the DISI set up from Lexus) handles the trans quite well. Very smooth now compared to the older gen 3.5. The only thing I say is lacking and annoying is the lightening I would agree especially when corolla has LES standard. We thought Toyota would give them to the Highlander for 17 shit even the RAV4 gets the lighting upgrades. Out and the start stop system is the least intrusive compared to other brands, do to how Toyota set up the dynamics for when it can engage, I haven't even been able to get one to do it on any of the test drives with my customers, plus you can turn the system off.
Appreciate 0