View Single Post
      12-04-2021, 07:24 PM   #12
CnSky
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW 530E 2017

Just to add…

I went for a few performance runs today along the motorway and honestly this remap makes the car a total monster.

The key is the e boost as it kicks in at launch and gives instant torque and acceleration then as the engine spools up there is literally no torque flat spot or reduction in acceleration right up to 220km.

Only thing stopping me going faster is that the Variable dampers are 10mm higher than M sport shocks and the car starts to feel a little floaty to me even in sport mode so I backed off. For anyone on M Sport this probably wouldn't be and issue.

Adding some sport springs and lowering down 15mm would be the only additional change that could improve things further but I'm reluctant to do that as it's physically obvious to anyone who looks at the car in the case of an accident and insurance may be voided. Also I hear rumours the VDC shocks can fail prematurely if lowering springs are fitted.(could be BS would like to know)

I would advise anyone with a 530e and who likes speed and torque to do this remap.

Simply unreal performance from a car that can return 90mpg around town and for me to date 47mpg on long motorway runs!! What's not to like.
Appreciate 1