View Single Post
      10-14-2015, 03:08 PM   #26
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
I'm not sure how you "took it in to the Canon factory", but, that aside, we can't tell much about the lens from the pix that you posted. To really get a good look at lens performance, take well lit pictures of a dollar bill, with your camera mounted on your tripod, mirror locked up and remote, or timed, release. Start wide open and take comparative shots in full stop increments. If it's a zoom, try all the way wide, mid-range and all the way long. Lens distortion will show up clear as day, particularly as you look at 100% crops of various areas in the image. All lenses have distortion, but this test will give a clear idea of the lens' performance at various setting.

Don't forget to use Digital Lens Optimization during Raw conversion to automatically correct of geometric lens distortions, chromatic aberration, vignetting, etc. at every focal length and every aperture. DLO is a module include in Digital Photo Professional, that ships with every Canon dslr.

Dave
I went to the one in NJ

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/profes...vice-locations

Look at the last two pictures and see the left side of the photos.. See how it is out of focus yet the other side is crisp? I took the camera in this morning and the Canon tech told me that they need to check the focus compensation on the camera body and lens. They will keep it for several days and repair it. The good thing is it is under warranty so they will take care of it.