View Single Post
      02-02-2023, 11:10 AM   #24
oldtexasdog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550I X Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinoGregorio View Post
Does anyone else have an overly aggressive Auto Stop/Start system? Mine will kill the engine while the car is still rolling up to 3MPH. This is extremely frustrating when trying to creep into a parking spot. As the engine dies, the car lurches to a stop as there is no more engine torque pushing it forward. Natural inclination is to release brake making the engine fire right back up causing the car to lurch forward because there is no longer enough brake force to restrain it. Obviously, pulling the gear selector over to S or pressing the defeat button will prevent this ugliness but that is a big ask of anyone else driving the car like my wife.

Complained several times and finally the dealer opened a TSARA case. They checked the onboard FASTA data and found nothing but they still authorized reprogramming with newer software. Still no change in operation. The dealer then used ISTA to calibrate all DSC sensors and throttle bodies.

They claim victory but I am not convinced there is any improvement. The only real noticeable change is that the engine lost its roar on startup. It sounds like an anemic 4 cylinder instead of a performance V8 when you press the start button. That helps the lurch forward a little but nothing else.
I see it looks like you have a 2020 M550i XDrive/ I do also. On mine there is a small toggle just below the start stop button that you can push to engage and it turns off the start stop function. You do have to remember to do it every time you start the car but no big deal just start and the push it as it is right there under the start button.
Appreciate 0