02-18-2020, 08:55 PM   #4
rts2101
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
That being said, I would recommend running the car exclusively in sport mode for the first 1200 miles as specified in the manual to "break the engine in". Sport Mode is the only mode the guarantee the engine stays on. Alternatively, you can take a lot of longer trips that would be at speeds sufficient enough to force the engine to run, but I don't think that's an easy option based on your driving pattern.
Yikes! I picked up my first BMW, a 2019 530e, a few months ago. I've been lurking on this site for a few months and meaning to register as a user, but this post forced my hand.

I was not made aware of the Sport mode requirement/recommendation for 1200 miles to break the engine in. I'm at about 3500 miles, and guess I have about 400-500 miles on the ICE in that time. I drive 10 miles to/from work and can and do charge in both locations.

Should I go to Sport Mode Exclusively until I feel I have the 1200 miles on the ICE?? Or is it too late for a proper break in?

Great site and members here, BTW. Was hoping to register and provide a proper introduction at some point, but this post now has me worried.

Thanks in advance!!
Appreciate 0