UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
That's Dionne, not Roberta

Ironically, I was forced to take care of business that dreadful day 18 years ago also. I'm sorry Uncle, you're better than I am. I can't use the word forgiveness here. And I fear that there are many who are looking to conveniently forget. So many died, not just that day but since due to first responder related cancers.

I find it amazing to this day that I do not know anyone personally who was killed that day. But it seems everyone I know lost someone. We all mourned, regardless of whether the loss was first hand. I had many friends and family that were in the towers but made it out. My first cousin was in the WTC when it was bombed was in 1WTC again on 9/11.

EDIT: Adding my SO worked at the area identifying remains for over a year.
I was SURE it was Roberta, but memory is the second thing to go.

I heard about the first strike from Mark and Brian. I got to the base and watched the second from the galley. I had grape jelly on the sourdough toast, and those iconic white coffee mugs. We went to high alert shortly after. I was a civil servant, so there wasn't much for me to do but stay out of the way, and try to keep my jaw from hitting the floor. THAT memory isn't going anywhere.

If you aren't at forgiveness yet, hopefully you have moved on from revenge (if it was ever an issue). The death that might result from retaliation hurts the others no less than what we felt ourselves. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Somewhere the cycle of violence has to be broken.

Of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I wish you peace this day.
cmyx6go3544.50