View Single Post
      04-27-2020, 10:43 AM   #2197
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
I’m doing calisthenics as well. I figured this is a good time to switch up my workout routine. Thought it was going to be easy since that’s all I used to do in my rotc days, but having transitioned to strictly weight lifting for years from calisthenic training, and now back to calisthenics I forgot how hard it can be. It’s certainly kicking my ass, but I love it. It’s made me realize how much athleticism and agility I’ve lost.
This is my first go around with calisthenics. It is absolutely kicking my ass. I'm still figuring things out. I have noticed my recovery time is a little longer than when lifting weights. I did chest, back and shoulders yesterday and feel like I've been ran over this morning.

I remember telling the girlfriend, the last time I went to the gym, that I felt like I was doing something wrong. My shoulders and arms never really got sore no matter how hard I worked them at the gym. After using gymnast rings and parallettes for the past month, that has definitely changed.

I've finally progressed on the parallettes to where I can do a hand stand on them. Now I just have to work on balance so I can hold it. Once I get that down, hopefully by the end of the week, I'll start working my shoulders by doing inverted shoulder presses.

Last edited by King Rudi; 05-04-2020 at 06:34 AM..
Appreciate 1
Mingwan1892.50