First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 G30 M550i

Garage List
2021 BMW M550i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
It's a give and take situation. Sensatec (synthetic leather) and Dakota (entry level leather) are the only materials that do not offer ventilated seats and therefore have no pin cushion effect. Nappa and Merino, which are better leathers than Dakota only come with ventilated seats.

You are right, massage and ventilation is weak at best and pretty much useless, but it comes with the finer leathers which some would argue is more comfortable. If you really don't want these, I would definitely pick sensatec over dakota.
Might be a market by market thing, I had a 2019 540i in Spain with Dakota AND ventilated seats.

Absolutely, better leather if only possible, but I wouldn’t even consider sensatec (read: plastic) seats over Dakota.

As to the durability, maybe the question is what’s the expectation of durability… If normal use, there is arguably no real difference between perforated and non-perforated seats. But if you want to use a G30 as a taxi, perhaps a seat cover is a good option. Based on my experience, no real comfort difference whether ventilated or non-ventilated, but I think the massage system makes the seat slightly harder.
Appreciate 1
Gautam621.00