08-27-2007, 07:30 PM   #4
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1911 View Post
I have not been to any of the BMW school but I have been to different schools to include Skip Barber, Time O'Neil Ralley, ITI (2x), and a 4x4 course. You need to ask yourself a couple questions. Is this a one-shot deal? If this might be the only time you will get to go than I'd vote for the M-school just to get the most out of the time. If you think you might get to do this again go for the 2-day school. You will get a better understanding of the basics. The other questions is how well you have a grip on driving already. The vast majority of people really don't a good idea of vehicle dymanics. If terms like' understeer' 'oversteer' thresh-hold braking' 'trail braking' 'steer into the turn' 'heal-toe-braking' are all a mystery, go with the 2-day.
I consider myself to be a very good driver (if that's possible to say in a non-conceited way...), and I consider myself knowledgable of all of the above stuff. My only concern is that I've never been tracking. I've done all sorts of karting, so I'm not completely ignorant of how things work on a track. I dunno, I guess it just seems a little overwhelming to go to a track for the first time.
Appreciate 0