View Single Post
      02-24-2017, 11:22 AM   #24
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by morellomax View Post
I know, Pete. It's odd to me too. I read many of your helpful posts about wheel and suspension choices on the F10 on this forum before I bought my first 535d, and pretty much everything you said tallied with my subsequent experience. On steering feel I don't know if I've been unlucky with having 2 cars with tracking or PAS faults or whether it's all just much more subjective. I just know that a Ford Mondeo, hell even my old Ford S-Maxes, had more likeable and predictable steering feel and weight than either of my F10s !
I do believe there are variations in steering quality on the F10/F11 models. Experienced it myself, to a degree, where one 530d wasn't as good as other models I test drove.

The fact I never think about my steering for weight or predictability, says something, as I'm normally pretty hot on anything that doesn't feel right. Other than a bit more tightness straight ahead, (it is precise) and some more feedback (common complaints with EPS), I like the way my car's servotronic is set up. Loads up in the bends, not as much as some cars, but perfectly balanced and consistent to feel right. Makes working through the 'twisties' easy and rewarding, no oddities at all.
Appreciate 1
SDRX204.00