View Single Post
      12-28-2021, 03:00 PM   #3
jsf721
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i X M Sport

I could not agree more. Funny once I told my Sales person I was not ordering a car because of the inflated price and missing features (on the 540) they told me if I wanted to bump up to the M550 some of those missing features would be present. (Surround view cameras). I said thanks but no thanks unless we can get close to my old lease price with tire insurance and extended maintenance ( wearitems -brake pads /wipers ect).

Also told him If the features come back before June (on a 540) and we can do another 8% off deal with loyalty and whatever Other programs call me. Otherwise I’m not interested in a new lease at this time at these prices. I have also for the first time called other dealers to tell them what I’m looking for and he knows whomever comes through first earns the business. He knows I drive by another BMW dealer to get to him everytime I go to his dealership. I told him I’m not angry with him or the dealer. If this is the new normal OK I’m not buying/leasing. I don’t need to get upside down on a vehicle purchase or nailed on a higher lease bc of supply tightness. Not to mention the extra sales tax on the inflated price.

I believe if we don’t buy or lease new cars at these inflated prices, the prices will once again get back to below MSRP. If they won’t value a loyal customer or can’t OK- I’ll buy out my lease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
If you have a nice car and it still works, it is worth keeping it in today's semiconductor short world.
Appreciate 1
bhmax16164.00