Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDude2018 View Post
The only tips that I've read are:
1) don't rev higher than 3k or so
2) drive in varying speeds and conditions - for example, a long trip using cruise control for the first 500 miles may ruin your engine
3) change oil/filter at 1200 miles or so, or after one month, also consider changing diff and transfer case fluids

I bought a new 2013 535 and think I probably failed to follow all of these tips. *shrug* Right after my purchase I went on a trip to visit friends and put 300 miles on it at highway speeds with cruise... During that trip I may have raced a few people on the highway and also gunned it a bit for fun. It ran great up to when I traded it 3 years later. Absolutely no problems. So take it as you will.

My 2018 x3 M40i will be here by xmas. I will probably try to be a bit more gentle with it.
^This.

I tend to stay under 5k and that is difficult enough. Play around with the different modes and don't sit in the same RPM range for too long. I am staying away from ECO pro until after break-in. Changing your fluids at 1200 miles is as important IMO.

2021 BMW X3MC
Donington Grey Metallic / Sakhir Orange & Black Extended Merino Leather / Aluminum Carbon Structure
Appreciate 1