05-15-2006, 07:48 AM   #11
Juve29
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 325i titanium silver spk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmm325
Im not real sure entirely off the exact details, but i believe their team officials are being accused of appointing specific refs for their games. After being accused, their whole board and director of the team resigned and juve's goalie buffon has also been accused of betting extreme amounts of money on their games, i guess its illegal for players to bet in italy. He stands the chance of not being able to play in the world cup next month. I guess we will find out tommorrow when the roster comes out.

Juve29, you may add anything i may have forgotten. You may know more about this than i do.
You are right Juve`s general manager Luciano Moggi was influencing the fedelcalcio to appoint referees who supposedly favoured Juventus. Fiorentina, Lazio and Milan seem to have been implicated to. Regarding Buffon betting it doesn`t seem to be as serious as people might have initially believed, time will tell. There is another scandal regarding the italian national team, Lippi who is the Italian team coach and general manager and who was Juventus coach for many years supposedly called players to the national team during the qualifications and the friendly games who did not belong in the team and the reason he did this was so those players market value would increase (a lot of those players had Luciano Moggi`s son has their agent. Now some people in Italy are asking for Lippi to resign. Plus juventus stand the chance of loosing two of their scudetto and be relegated to serie B which is the second division. You have to remember that everytime that there is a scandal things get alway blown out of proportions therefore you have to take most of these allegations with a grain of salt.

Forza Juve!
Appreciate 0