United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellascout View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf721 View Post
I am a self admitted detailing geek.

If you can ceramic coat your wheels you will save much time cleaning them for sure.

I wash my car often, and if you do, all you should need is car wash soap and a good set of brushes.

When I do a car that is infrequently washed, the Sonax Full Effect is the best. Smells bad, works great.

Just be careful not to spray on the polished hats as I have seen that leave marks on them.
Ceramic coatings will help you clean your wheels. The brake dust does not "stick" to the wheels as much. You can spray your cleaner of choice and then let it do its thing. Use a set of wheel woolies and then spray them down and you are done. Depending on what ceramic coating you used look at their products which are made to work in tandem with their coatings and won't degrade what you have paid for. I got Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra on the car so I just use their citrus spray at full strength and my wheels are always clean.
I love wheel woolies. They make cleaning the 20" 759i wheels semi tolerable.

Which wheel woolies are your choice? So many vendors selling the same concept. I bought the 3 pack (small, med and large) of Liquid X from Amazon and they seem ok but the handle has a bit too much give. Thinking they're all pretty much the same and private labeled?