03-01-2021, 04:26 PM   #112
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
Correct!

Lexus realized they can’t go head to toe with M3 because they will lose every measurable contest.

So they made this Fsport + variant that should be performance and price competitive with M340i. It will also appeal to current ISF and E9x owners that only want NA V8s in small sedan.

I think it was great idea and should sell well.

My big gripe is them not using the new 10speed auto and not offering sportier seats compared to base IS.
i agree it kind of feels like a cop out. "well our RCF can't compete with the M cars, so lets make it a 4 door and have it compete with the m-sport lineup"

The stock M340i is quite a bit faster than the RCF straight line, a bit faster on track too. Add in a tune (which you can't really do on an NA lexus) and the gap grows alot more in favor of the BMW.

so it come back around to the question: is the V8 sound, throttle response, and 'feel' of the car enough to make up for the performance deficit?

personally i hope it is. but they have their work cutout for them. if they can make the car feel like an E39 M5 in terms of the feel they might have a hit.

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 0