View Single Post
      03-02-2021, 04:22 PM   #126
bkfastwagon
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
i agree it kind of feels like a cop out. "well our RCF can't compete with the M cars, so lets make it a 4 door and have it compete with the m-sport lineup"

The stock M340i is quite a bit faster than the RCF straight line, a bit faster on track too. Add in a tune (which you can't really do on an NA lexus) and the gap grows alot more in favor of the BMW.

so it come back around to the question: is the V8 sound, throttle response, and 'feel' of the car enough to make up for the performance deficit?

personally i hope it is. but they have their work cutout for them. if they can make the car feel like an E39 M5 in terms of the feel they might have a hit.
Lets be honest, even if Lexus made faster cars than BMW, a good number of people here would still choose BMW for the badge. Lets say Lexus makes IS F with V6 TT and just as fast as the new M3, would people here rush over to get it over the M3? Obviously, Lexus knows this and decided to go a different route. I like that it's not another 6 cylinder TT- we have enough of that already
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25067.50