View Single Post
      04-05-2017, 04:23 AM   #21
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G11 730d M-Sport 2018

I just wish I could receive text messages (iphone 5c). I can get and have my emails read out but not texts. On the whole though the tech is really very good. The adaptive cruise is great. So are the news and weather/rainfall apps and the voice command. Great car so far after 1,300kms. Having had a new model E220d I can say that the BM is better built inside, better tech, more comfortable seats, quieter re road noise, the same re engine and wind, has a better gearbox and feels livelier. The ride is also equal to the E-Class. The only area in which the Merc is better, I think, is in the exterior styling insofar as it was a big departure from the previous model, whereas the G30 is very similar to the F10. Unless you know your cars, at a glance you could easily mistake it for the F10. You wouldn't make that mistake with the new E-Class.
Unless you spec up the E with Command and the TFT dials you get, as standard, a fairly crappy set-up - a small screen with a useless Garmin nav and two forgettable analogue dials. With the G30 even the most basic car has the ProNav and TFT dials - much better.
Appreciate 0